Security Alert! Check The Security Of Your Hotel’s Knox Boxes Frequently
by Todd Seiders, CLSD
Check your Knox Boxes! A Knox Box, known officially as the KNOX-BOX Rapid Entry System, is a small, wall-mounted safe-like box that holds building keys for firefighters and EMTs to retrieve in emergencies. In many jurisdictions, the local Fire Department requires that a Knox Box be located outside of your hotel (check with your local Fire Department for requirements; some jurisdictions may not require hotels to have one), for their use only, in the event of an emergency. The Knox Box has a complete set of the hotel’s master keys locked inside this box.
On 31 October 1987 (Halloween night) our house caught on fire. My family refers to this event as the ”Fire of 87.”
The fire started in the attic and destroyed the front part of the house. The roof over the living room and dining room was gone. There was also some damage to the master bedroom. The house was uninhabitable after that night.
We had just moved in, so most of our stuff was still in boxes in the back part of the house. That fact saved most of our personal items and greatly reduced the amount of stuff that was lost in the fire.
It is always nice when someone shows they love you. From Google Images Me, I know My Wife loves me.
Get original story/post can be found at: insurance « WordPress.com Tag Feed
As some links might get broken.
If you want your post to be removed please use our contact form and allow up to 14 days of response, as I am usually traveling a lot.
“…It was the second restaurant fire in Olympia in two years caused by towels in the dryer, and the fifth in five years to other businesses including hair salons…the cleaning towels that were left inside the dryer smolder for hours and then spontaneously combust. The greases and oils used in the cleaning process apparently don’t all get washed out…”
Investigators have determined a fire that destroyed the Oyster House restaurant in Olympia started in the dryer, when cleaning towels spontaneously combusted. Now, they’re sending out a warning to all restaurants, hair salons, and even bowling alleys where towels are used to clean things and then washed and tossed in the dryer.
“…the restaurant is a total loss and smoke enveloped the entire intersection where the restaurant is located….the fire had spread quickly to the wooden trusses that supported the roof, up above a suspended ceiling…causing the roof to collapse…”
Fire investigators have determined that a fire that destroyed the Ram’s Horn on Tuesday originated in a deep fryer in the restaurant’s kitchen. The fire spread quickly during the lunch hour. Staff and patrons were evacuated and fire crews responded at about 12:12 p.m.
A house fire can be a devastating and a traumatic experience. Even if no one is harmed, it can feel like your life has been ruined. Despite what it may seem like, recovery is possible but it takes immediate and long-term actions in order for things to be normal again. Calling the American Red… Read More At Picking Up The Pieces After A House Fire